On Thursday, November 19, the RV Industry Association will host RV-C 101: An Introduction to RV-C, our first-ever educational webinar on RV-C. The webinar will be presented by Martin Perlot, President of Silverleaf Electronics, Inc., the former RV-C Administrator and one of the original developers of the RV-C protocol. The webinar is open to all RV Industry Association members.
Some quick facts on RV-C:
- RV-C stands for Recreation Vehicle-CAN (Communication Area Network).
- The RV-C protocol was developed by the RV Industry Association RV-C Subcommittee over 15 years ago.
- RV-C is an open protocol language for appliances and devices within the RV which allows these products to communicate and cooperate.
- The RV-C protocol is open and available for all product developers to use and is constantly updated by those product developers.
In recent years, the number of suppliers developing component parts that are RV-C compatible has grown exponentially and shows no sign of slowing down. Based on the continued and growing interest in RV-C in the RV industry, the RV-C Subcommittee determined that an introductory class to RV-C would be helpful.
As the title suggests, this webinar is for RV-C novices. The target audiences for this webinar are:
- Product developers or engineers who are not familiar with RV-C
- Managers who are responsible for RV-C compatible products (but may not be product developers or engineers)
- Engineers who work for an RV manufacturer that uses RV-C
- Anyone responsible for RV-C related items (e.g., procurement or sale of RV-C compatible products)
- Anyone interested in learning more about RV-C and how it works
If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Correa-Brady at 571-665-5855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.